"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure" -Jack Lemmon



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Union Games

WOD #1

For Time:
400 meter run
20 front squats (55lbs./95 lbs.)
20 burpees
800 meter run
40 power cleans (55 lbs./95lbs.)
40 air squats

Time:  Terri - 14:32, Daniel - 12:07






WOD #2

12 Minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible):
6 Thrusters (55 lbs./95 lbs.)
12 KB Swings (35 lbs./55 lbs.)
24 Lateral Jumps, over 12 inch hurdle

Rounds: Terri - 5 rounds, Daniel - 5 rounds + 12 reps


WOD #3

For Time:
150 Burpees

Time: Terri - 15:54, Daniel - 14:20


Finally, the Union Games were today.  Three workouts that left me absolutely gassed.  I felt really good on the first workout, beating my goal by almost 30 seconds.  The second workout was so much harder than I expected and completely ran me out of energy.  The thrusters just crushed me, both physically and mentally, as I didn't come close to my goal on the second workout.  I wanted a minimum of 6 full rounds and only ended up with 5 rounds plus 12 reps and a few battle wounds.  The third workout of 150 burpees was difficult, as I had already run out of energy with the second workout.  The first 50 burpees felt alright, at best, but then my shoulders just felt like they were on fire.  I was tied for first going into the third workout and after the mediocre performance on the burpess, I placed third out of 12 and missed the last workout by two points.  Terri had a really good day and finished fifth out of 11 women.  Thanks to the trainers and staff at Union for a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment