"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure" -Jack Lemmon



Monday, September 13, 2010

Another Monday

WOD #1

Boot Camp

I was (and still am) pretty sore this morning before boot camp.  My lower back and hamstrings were really tight from yesterday.  Now my shoulders are tired from boot camp where we spent the majority of the time with a 25 lbs. weight overhead or at our side.  A lot of trash talking this morning about the upcoming Union Games.

To top my morning off I decided to weigh myself.  That didn't go over as well as I thought it might, as I have gained four pounds from my last weigh in (not sure when that was).  I can't figure out if it was the pizza and beer at Twiggy's Friday night, the dinner at Outback and then Bluesfest after, or if it was the Red Lobster and birthday cake yesterday.

WOD #2

12 minute interval sprint workout on treadmill

After the treadmill I went outside with Tony and did some front squats and power cleans.  After Tony saw my performance on the front squat, I think that he is ready to pay up his bet for the Union Games as he was not impressed. I had never done front squats and was surprised at how difficult it was to get used to them.  I had trouble getting my balance holding the bar in front of me.  If I can't get used to the front squat by Saturday, it's going to be long, long morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment