"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure" -Jack Lemmon



Monday, September 20, 2010

Extra Weight

WOD

For Time:

Four Rounds
(All while wearing a 20 lbs. weight vest)

400 meter run
10 burpees
20 air squats

Time: 13:52 (Round 1 - 3:02, Round 2 - 3:25, Round 3 - 3:47, Round 4 - 3:38)

Still not feeling quite 100% from Saturday, I wanted to do a WOD that would loosen up my legs a little.  The weight vest was very noticeable about half way around the track on each lap.  The last two runs were rough as it got to the point on the last one where I was just trying not to walk.  The burpees and air squats seemed to go by quickly and felt pretty good.  I should be able to hit it hard tomorrow with some heavy lifting over the next couple of days.

After seeing the video of this workout tonight (and the workouts this past weekend), I can definitely see why I am always getting yelled at to get lower on my squats.  Wow, I almost hit my chin on the ground from leaning over so much tonight while my butt lowered about 4-6 inches at the most.

1 comment:

  1. You guys did great this weekend! Isn't this a cool hobby to share with eachother?! I hope you are hooked! Oh ya, I think it is pretty awesome that you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete