"Failure seldom stops you. What stops you is the fear of failure" -Jack Lemmon



Sunday, September 26, 2010

NFL Game Day

Strength

Deadlift:
1 x 15, 95 lbs.
1 x 12, 185 lbs.
1 x 6, 235 lbs.
2 x 6, 255 lbs.

Push Press:
1 x 12, 115 lbs.
1 x 12, 135 lbs.
1 x 8, 145 lbs.
1 x 6, 150, lbs.

Power Clean
1 x 10, 115 lbs.
1 x 8, 135 lbs.
1 x 6, 145 lbs.

Coming off of two different wedding receptions yesterday, the strength workout this morning went about as expected.  I have got a lot of work to do to try and get stronger in all of the Olympic movements, as my strength in these moves is very sub-par.  I would have liked to just do about 4 sets of the deadlift warm up at 95 pounds and called that my whole workout.  After the Power Cleans were over I decided to do some pull ups and push ups.  Four sets of 25 push ups with as small of a break in between as possible wore me out.  By the last set I only got to number twelve before having to take a break.  My goal was to not go down at all at anytime and I was able to do that.  The pull ups were a different story.  All I could do were four sets of five strict pull ups. 

Have to workout tomorrow morning doing the 'Fight Gone Bad' workout.  I have never done it, but I have heard it is just about the worst workout you can possibly do.  I am not exactly looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment